Collaboration with Other Designers


 



I collaborated with Kali, a California based student and crafter, who create and sell friendship bracelets in her small business called Laced with Love. She is a very enthusiastic young student who loves to do this woven craft. I found her from her store on Etsy, and I asked her if she could incorporate my beading into her friendship bracelet/other woven items. I sent her my beading kit to introduce her to the craft and for her to experiment with. However, there is a time concern to finish by VIVA date, with the time zone differences and the long shipping time between SG-US, not to mention it's almost the shopping season black friday where customs and duties are gonna be extra packed.

I'm also thinking if we manage to incorporate the beading into the woven technique, if it is easy enough, we could scale it up to create its own DIY kit inspired by the two crafts.

 

The next one is Priska, she is an Indonesian illustrator based in Malaysia. I’m working with her to see how we can incorporate my beading into printed items, such as greeting cards. I asked her to come up with a Peranakan illustration that could compliment my beading. So we will be merging her illustration and my beading to create one piece of art. There is no time constraint for this, as everything will be done online and the deliverables from her will be digital as well, I will be the one who do the final assembly.

 


Lia is an Indonesian interior designer based in Toronto, Canada. We are working to see how to incorporate my beading into a household item/decoration. At first, we were actually looking to create a decorative pillowcase, but that will be too large in scale and will be too time consuming to be done by VIVA. Then we came up with the idea of creating a frame that can be used to frame the participant’s finished beading product.

And actually from that frame thought, we came up with the idea of the creating a necklace, where the pendant will be a framed small beading. There is no time concern for this one as well, should be finished by VIVA.
















Comments