Design Lab II: VIVA Set Up

 Today is the day of VIVA and I have finalized my setup. I arranged it to start from left to right. First providing the context of the topic, I have printed out my frameworks and an article I found where the National Heritage Board is looking for designers to modernize traditional crafts that are under threats of disappearing, including Peranakan beadwork. It's good to see that the government's effort is aligning with what I'm trying to do myself with the craft. 

Then we move on to the introduction of the traditional version of the craft, how I was taught originally by the craftsman, then showing my prototypes and testing of different materials, which then leads to my own modernized version of the kit, including the participants and their opinions about the craft. 

The last part is the designers collaborations part where I showcase the different types of objects incorporating the beadwork. 


 













Comments